When the South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance and State leaders announced the debut of SC Future Makers in 2016, we started an ambitious program to empower students across the state to learn about the advanced manufacturing industry, showcase themselves by creating profiles, and strengthen the relationship between the education and business communities.
Accomplishments to-date include:
– Creation of more than 48,000 South Carolina student profiles
– Participation from more than 100 high schools
– More than 11,000 students interacted with local manufacturers through speaking engagements and tours
Our goal is to continue to build on the awareness of companies and opportunities available, we are pleased to add a new feature to SC Future Makers – public company profiles that can be accessed by students, parents, educators, and other stakeholders. There is no cost to create a company profile on SC Future Makers. This feature will go live on December 4.
It’s your time to showcase your company
Your profile is to introduce your company to 15-year-old to 22-year-old high school and college students who are making decisions about what skills they need to learn, what apprenticeships or opportunities are available, and what careers they want to pursue upon graduation. What would a high school student want to know about your company? Keep it simple – we’ll help build your profile!
Enlighten & Educate – Provide a brief description of your organizational culture and what your company does
Upload Videos & Photos – Don’t just tell them, show them. Bring the next generation into your facilities and showcase your products by adding videos and photos
Link & Connect – Add links to your website and social media channels so students can keep up with your latest happenings
Post Opportunities – Link your career page for students to connect to opportunities such as internships, apprenticeships, and co-ops
Choose Career Areas – Choose from a drop-down menu of careers that link to general descriptions about the career’s educational pathway, salaries, skills, etc.
Start Your Company Profile
1. Request Login Information – to ensure the digital security of corporate identities, we verify every organization
2. Organize Content – gather video links, product pictures, and content using the company profile checklist
3. Login – to submit your company’s information
4. Review & Approve – staff will review the submitted content and provide a password protected page for company representatives to review and approve. We can also post your profile to the STEM Premier platform.
Request YOUR Profile Login
Email Lee Middeke at email@example.com to request a profile login for your company.